The objective of the BBS program at GCM is to develop students into competent junior level managers for any sector of organized activities. The program is based on the principle that graduates will spent a major portion of their life in a constantly changing environment. Therefore the student should have an opportunity to obtain a broad knowledge of the concepts and reality-based skills underlying the operation and management of organizations.
Upon graduation, a student should be equipped to function as a manager in business, industry and government. The graduate should also have a variety of career opportunities in different sectors of business including entrepreneurship and create much needed jobs for others.
The BBS program specially attempts to:
1. Equip students with the required conceptual knowledge of business and administration to develop general management perspective in them.
2. Develop required attitude, abilities and practical skill in students which constitute a foundation for their growth into concept and responsible business managers.
3. Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change agents in the Nepalese society.
4. Develop necessary background for higher studies in management and thereafter take up careers in teaching, research and consultancy.
Candidates seeking admissions to BBS program:
1. Must have successfully completed National Examination Board (NEB), Higher Secondary Education Board (HSEB)/+2 or equivalent degree securing at least D+ Grade in any subject or at least a second division.
2. Must have studied English as a full paper at the NEB/+2 or secondary level.
ENTRANCE TEST AND INTERVIEW
Eligible students would fill the application form distributed by the college and submit in the college administration. Candidates must appear the College Admission Test (CAT) as fixed by the college.
The test comprises the questions related to verbal ability, quantitative ability, business and economics, logical reasoning and general knowledge comprising of 100 marks in total. Each candidate on getting through entrance is called for interview.
The final result of successful candidates for admission is published on the basis of weighted average of the CAT, admission discussion and NEB/+2 marks.
The curriculum for BBS degree comprises: A strong foundation in allied areas of business such as language, economic analysis, legal environment, quantitative methods and research methods to prepare graduates to understand, analyze and comprehend the management concepts, theories and practice.
MGT 201: Business English
MGT 202: Business Statistics
MGT 203: Micro Economics
MGT 211: Accounting for Financial Analysis
MGT 213: Principles of Management
MGT 206: Macro Economics
MGT 212: Cost and Management Accounting
MGT 214: Fundamentals of Marketing
MGT 216: Foundations of Human Resource Management
MGT 312: Business Communication
MGT 204: Business Law
MGT 215: Fundamentals of Financial Management
MGT 217: Business Environment and Strategy
MGT 218: Taxation and Auditing
MGT 219: Organizational Behavior
MGT 220: Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development
MGT 221: Business Research Methods
MGT 401: Final Project
Mr. Biraj Ghimire Program Coordinator (MBS, BBS) Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +977-1-4488312, 9801904907